PKCTG launched this sub-group in June 2009
and membership will be of interest to any voluntary minibus operator in Perth and Kinross.
Community Transport Group Chairman Norman Jarvie outlined the development and aims of this new Association which is intended
to be a useful resource to minibus groups in this area and their communities.
PKCTG recognise the valuable
contribution that voluntary minibus operators make and have produced an information pack containing shared protocols, best
practice and risk management procedures.
The MOG provides:
- A strong collective voice for Minibus Operators in P&K
to develop new Minibus Operator services in P&K
- Support to help volunteers become more
- Access to free public liability insurance for 09-10 for MOG members; this
will continue into 2010-11.
- Access to subsidised or free training whenever possible
- Parity with the Community Car Association for Minibus Operators in Perth and Kinross
- Assistance with disclosure checks for volunteers
- Information sharing
opportunities, advice on good practice and help tackling risk management
- Help to develop
and promote local services
- A medium to negotiate
with local and regional bodies
- Help to maximise transport opportunities to enable all members
of the community to access services and participate in Society
- Help build confidence
in community transport across Perth & Kinross
- An Information Pack for members
The MOG is a sub-group of PKCTG and independent
of the Local Authority.
Membership of this sub-group of PKCTG does not attract a membership fee.
Membership of PKCTG is £15 pa.
Or click to email us as PKCTG.